Sunday, April 1, 2012

Holy Week

Dear reader,

Today is Palm Sunday here in the Philippines. It commemorates Jesus' entry to Jerusalem and it signifies the start of Holy Week.

To tell you honestly, last Saturday I was really puzzled when I passed by a church in Moonwalk and I saw a lot of vendors selling palms (or palaspas). I thought we already had Palm Sunday last February. I even asked my office mates when I got in... Lol, I guess I got confused with Ash Wednesday and Palm Sunday.

Anyway, I'm sad that I won't be able to experience the looooong weekend (5 days of no work from April 5 to 9) because my work requires us to work even during the holidays (both US and Philippine holidays) (I work as a lead pharmacy technician for one of the biggest pharmacy in USA, and as you may derive from this, like hospitals, the pharmacy is open 24/7). I'd really like to join my family on their upcoming trip to Batangas this Saturday and Sunday, but alas, I have "grown woman responsibilities" (lol). But I do get to take the Good Friday off, so I could do at least the Visita Iglesia with my mom and aunts (yey).

Since it's Holy Week, I decided to give up one or two indulgence that I have as a sacrifice that may help me turn towards God during this season. I'm giving up eating junk food and rice (which I loooove so much) and I'm going to go AWOL in facebook. Those are the two habits that I indulge in so much, hopefully, I could give these up not only this holy week but for good. :)

So..

What are you giving up this Holy Week and how will you spend it?




No comments:

Post a Comment