Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bahrain Trip: Al Areen Wildlife Park


Dear blog,


Yesterday was the first day of Eid Al Adha here in the Middle East. Since me and my dad had no work that day, we decided to go to Al Areen Wildlife Park in Sakhir.



Seeing all of these animals is a relief from being confined inside the house almost everyday (Sigh, I'm still working for the same company, but that's another story to tell). It also brings a sense of nostalgia when I was still very much interested with my first course, Biology.



 
Some of the animals looked unhappy and lethargic. 





I've read about the park's program in taking care of the endangered and the extinct species of some of the animals (they take care of the Arabian Oryx, which according to wikipedia, is already extinct in the wild).


  It's good that some people are making an effort to reverse and control the destruction of the world's flora and fauna. I hope more people will be aware and join this crusade to help and protect mother nature.


Abi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment