Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hello? Are you there?

Dear blog,

Yes, I know I've turned into one of those bloggers who swore on their first blog entry to always update their blog, then after a month or so, will just pop back and apologize to their so-called "readers" because of being on a sudden hiatus 'cause of some lame excuse like "I was out living my life" or "I got caught up with (insert more lame excuse here").. blah blah blah.

So to live up to that cliche, I do apologize to my readers (if I have any) for not being able to update this blog for quite some time. No lame excuse but a simple confession that my life just got so boring, I don't have anything "interesting" to write. Until now. 

Remember I posted an entry last May regarding my resignation? Well, that didn't happen. I filed but revoked it few days before it was effective. My reason? I don't know, maybe I got too coward to let go of the routine that I was so used to... Until this morning.

As I sat down in my room, I look back and remember the events that occurred. It happened so fast, I didn't get to enjoy the moment when I got my freedom (freedom, overly dramatic naks). I won't go into details, but to summarize, I got tired of my work and just took the plunge, sent a skype to both of my boss and an email to seal the deal. I know it's informal to resign via email/skype but I'm more than 10 thousand miles away from the office right now and I think it's more informal to plainly dismiss the issue and just go AWOL. 

I actually felt good after it happened. I finally stood up and told them enough is enough. In the past year that i've worked with the company, sure I had some glory days, but it was mostly bed of nails. The workload was terrible and these people had no definition of set duties and responsibilities. I guess their motto is: "wherever there's work to be done, you will be assigned there and you need to finish it, pronto!"

I've been a doormat all my life. A pushover. I may exhibit a little bit of resistance, but I accept all shit and say yes all the time. 

Maybe I didn't get tired of my work, maybe I got tired of being the yes man, of not being able to say what's on my mind and just accept things as they come because I am to scared to let go of my routine. 

I was trapped in this bad habit all this time, and maybe what happened this morning was a wake-up call for me to embrace change.

Empowerment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment