Friday, May 4, 2012

Photo Diary: Matryoshka dolls

Dear Reader,

Today, I decided to take out my camera and take a picture of our Matryoshka Dolls. These dolls were given to us by our family friend from Azerbaijan. Matryoshka dolls are a set of decreasing wooden dolls placed one inside the other. I only took a picture of 4 of them, but there are more than 10 pieces of these dolls. I'm pretty much amazed of the manual dexterity of the artisan who made this doll because when you reach the smallest doll inside, you can still see the full details of the face (as seen in my last photo, stubby fingers I know, but those hands may save your life someday, lol i'm digressing). It's sad because from what I've read in some websites, the craft of making these dolls is slowly dying. Hope they'll continue to make this kind of doll or else we'll all just be relying on photos like these to appreciate.













No comments:

Post a Comment